"The Painting looks Excellent"
"That’s fantastic thank you... I’m sure my wife will be over the moon!"
“Amber’s portrait arrived safe and sound – so pleased with the result -it’s superb. Thanks once again.”
From Photo to Oil Painting
Simply email or post the photo that you would like your portrait artist to base your oil portrait on with any ideas that you may have, plus an idea of size and we will hand paint you a wonderful custom pet portrait that you can proudly display and treasure.
Photo of Amber sent to us by her owner Custom hand painted oil portrait of Amber. Oil on canvas.
What style of dog portrait would you like?
If you order a Realist style dog oil portrait, your painting will be painstakingly painted so that it is as life-like as possible. Every detail will be hand painted. If you have taken the perfect photo of your dog and love the pose and background this is the perfect option to go for.
If you don’t like the background in your dog’s photo, a studio background is a good choice. Your portrait artist will choose complimentary tones and colours that suit your dog’s colouring and paint them as the background just like Jake’s portrait above.
If you do not like the background of your photo and would like a detailed background painted such as your dog’s favourite park then go for this option. Not only is it meaningful but natural settings such as woods or parks can really enhance the oil portrait.
What you can expect
- Quality, quality quality! As you can see from our Portfolio all of our custom oil portraits are hand painted to the highest posible standard.
- The materials we use to paint your oil portrait are also top notch. We only ever use premium Winsor & Newton oils (they got their royal warrant in 1841 by Queen Victoria) and high grade duck cotton canvases.
- Once we’ve completed your oil portrait we will send you a high resolution photograph of it. If you would like your artist to make slight ammendments to it then of course he/she will. We all want you to be thrilled with your oil portrait.
- If you have a question you can always call us on +44 (0)20 8354 1818
- World wide delivery is free.
- Honesty. We know what makes a great oil portrait and if we feel the photo you give us will not make a great oil portrait we will always tell you. Likewise if the photo is too low resolution or your artist can not see the details in your photo clearly because it is blurred etc we will let you know. Sometimes we have to pass on a commission if we do not feel we can do justice to it. However we will always tell you and help you find alternative photos to base your portrait on if we can.
Love our dog portraits? Would you like to commission a portrait of your dog?
2. Once we’ve gone over all your requirements with you and you’re happy with us to start, we’ll begin your painting. We do ask you to pay a 50% deposit at this stage. Tim will also give you a date of when your portrait will be ready.
3. Once we’ve completed your oil portrait we will email you a high-resolution photo of your painting for your approval and should you wish your portrait artist to make any slight amendments (within reason) then please just ask. We want you to be thrilled with your oil portrait.
4. Final step – Once you’ve approved your portrait, we’ll ask you to settle the balance. When the oils have sufficiently dried we will then securely deliver your oil painting to you and give you a tracking number.
Our Guarantee to you
If you would like to ask a question or if you would like a quote for a beautiful hand painted oil portrait of your dog, please get in touch.